Questions about GP Thunder HID Xenon Set
- What is a HID Xenon Kit ?
It is an automotive lighting system is the core of reactors and HID xenon gas bulbs. The initial HID is an abbreviation for ”High Intensity Discharge”, ie, bulbs High Intensity Discharge. The system consists of Xenon gas entrapment within a special bulb, which throught electrical impulses coming from a specific reactor, causes the gas to ignite and generate high-intensity light.
- What is the difference HID xenon kit for halogen bulbs ?
The HID xenon kit lights 3x more than a halogen bulb, that considering the standard power of each, being 55w to halogen bulb and 35w for HID xenon kit.
- What is the advantage of the HID xenon kit ?
SAFETY FIRST. The lighter, offers better vision, creating security for those who run and is best visible to other drivers. By issuing a bright light and bright, providing the most beautiful sets of optical beams and obviously increases the value and market value of the car, because it is an excellent accessory cost versus benefit.
- What is color temperature (eg 4300K, 6000k, 8000k, etc …) ?
Halogen or HID bulb emit different colors of lights. These tints are measured by the Kelvin scale, or K. The lighter shade, similar to daylight, is around 4300K.
3500K – light golden yellow, excellent lighting and fog en sawdust
4300K – slightly yellowish white lighting (factory default, similar to daylight)
6000K – white light
8000K – white bluish light
10000K – more bluish light than the 8000K
12000K – white lighting slightly purpleish
HID Xenon Color – kit for specific colors such as blue, green, pink, etc … that are not allowed for use on public roads
- What color HID xenon kit that more lights ? The higher the level the stronger the bulb K ?
The numbers on the Kelvin scale only indicates the color temperature, the hue of light, HID xenon kit does not indicate which is stronger or weaker. Any model/color of HID xenon kit light up to 3x more than an halogen bulb. Check above the next question and see how much lumens each HID xenon kit color provides.
- How much lumens have a HID xenon kit ?
4300K – 3200 lumens
6000K – 2800 lumens
8000K – 2550 lumens
10000K – 2200 lumens
12000K/25000K – 2100 lumens
Pure Blue – 2100 lumens
Pink – 2100 lumens
Green – 2100 lumens
Yellow / Gold – 2100 lumens
- The HID xenon kit consumes less power ?
The HID xenon kit consumes about 35W, while halogen bulbs consume 55w to 100w of power. That is much more light, consuming up to 3 times less! Yet the HID xenon kit reaches up to 3x more light.
- What is the lifetime of the HID xenon kit compared to standard halogen bulbs ?
A common halogen bulb lasts about 300 hours of lifetime. HID xenon bulbs last about 3000 hours, about 10 times more.
- The HID xenon kit do not harm the headlights ?
No, they emit so-called “cold light”, ie, by working with consumption of just 35W and emit light ranging from white to blue (and red), its luminosity is low temperature, which does not damage the deflectors and headlight lenses, even the acrylic (polycarbonate).
– My car is new. I lose the manufacturer’s warranty if I install the HID xenon kit ?
Normally no, but we encorage you to contact your dealer and ask about a policy of your brand.
- How is the installation of HID xenon kit ?
Installation is plug and play via specific connectors that have slots that only allow the correct fit between the plugs of the system. Despite the ease and the kit come with a manual explaining the installation, it is always good to have the help of a professional trained installer, or install at some car acessories store.
- What models are available for HID xenon kit ?
- Xenon - a stage bulb, works just like a headlight (high, low or miles)
- Kit Bi-Xenon Moving – light from two stages, functions as high beam and low.
- For each car model has a bulb right ? What is the difference between the models available ?
There are cars using bulbs of two filaments, high and low beam in the same bulb. Some use a high and low light separately. There are still several docking models and formats. Check the right model for your car in the owners manual.
– Bulbs for high and low beam separately. What use ?
In cases of headlight bulbs independent high and low, if you want to install only a HID xenon kit, we recommend install the HID xenon kit on low beam because generally it is access to at least 90% of the time of use. If you prefer, you can purchase an additional kit for the headlights and also for the auxiliary (or headlights miles). Just check the model used by the car on owner’s manual.
– What the HID xenon kit contains ?
The kit consists of two HID bulbs, two ballasts, a whip of lead, a protection relay, fuse and an installation manual. The ballasts are shielded (to waterproof).
– What if my car uses two strands of lights (high and low beam in the same bulb) ?
In the case of two filaments of light bulbs (high and low beam in the same bulb), you use the HID Bi-Xenon kit. This HID xenon kit works just like your halogen bulb, on high and low beam.
– If I change my car, I can remove the HID xenon kit and install it on my new car ?
Of course! The installation system is ”plug-and-play”, ie, bulbs, ballasts and harness installation can be easily installed or uninstalled at any time. You can resettle in another car with the same specifications of the bulb. If your new car uses a different model of bulb, you will need to purchase new bulbs, the ones used originally supported the new model.
– What is canceler ?
It is a device that prevents the onboard computer accuse the bulb is burned out when not using the original factory HID xenon kit. Ex: Audi, Mercedes, BMW, VW Golf, Fiat 2008, etc…
- How do I sell, represent and / or distribute products GP Thunder ?
To contact us visit the Dealer link on our site and follow the instructions.